Here are just a few examples of when I took a big, nebulous idea and turned it into something tangible and achievable. These range from defining high-level digital strategy, to tactical decisions for page interactions.
UX Maturity Model
Honest UX self-assessment and next steps roadmap
- Used to grade a UX team’s maturity on a scale of 1-5; Unrecognized, Interested, Invested, Committed, Embedded
- Gathered over 60 measurements across 3 major groupings; soliciting ratings for each
- Compiled and averaged scores to determine overall UX competency score; with one-slide summary for management
- Delivered roadmap to lay out next steps to guide team to the next level of UX maturity
A snapshot of eCommerce insights and technical wireframing skills
- Two examples of an eCommerce experience, each created in Axure RP Pro 6.5
- Yellow and red text elements were included for demonstration purposes and reduce re-work for scenario variations
- Wireframes developed to fit within existing business and system constraints
Shopping Cart Example
An interactive prototype of a shopping cart.
Checkout Process Example
An interactive prototype of a checkout process.
Project Pitch Document
Three days to combine ideas and research
- A three day workshop brought in months of research, strategy, and stakeholder feedback.
- Information architects quickly sketched screen layouts and ideas on dry erase board; visual designer adding feedback
- Listed specific business goals and customer desires for each component on the page
- End result was high-fidelity compositions that showed potential website experiences, as well as the connections internal and external customer interests.
Vision & Strategy Alignment
Half-day workshop creates year’s worth of direction
- Utilized pre-workshop questionnaire to gather input; hit the ground running with ideas
- Conducted workshop with upper management; guiding and connecting business goals to features
- Resulted in 3 pillars that uphold the company’s overall vision; with 100% buy-in from stakeholders
- Created vocabulary that permeated projects and presentations; offering guiding principles everyone is comfortable backing